Our CTO (Luke Cole) previously worked for Hemisphere GPS (orginally called BEELINE, and now bought out by AgJunction) as a "Robotics Engineer" implementing auto-guidance solutions for various quadbikes and agriculture tractors that was used by 100's of vehicles around the world.
For 10 years, starting as a teenager in 1998 - Luke Cole has also worked for leading research institutes and companies such as NICTA (now called CSIRO Data61), CSIRO, Seeing Machines and ANU Robotics System Lab (lead by Alex Zelinsky, who received a rare prestigious AO award in 2017 and was Defence Scientist of Australia from 2012 for 6 years). Luke's work included various autonomous mobile robot projects, involving computer vision, and even a self-driving car early 2000's. Back then OpenCV and ROS didn't exist, so we did a "roll-your-own" called VisLib and DROS comprised of 364,578 lines of code.
Lance Cole has also worked at NICTA and has a background of various hardware development, such as working for a contract company to the US millary (EOS), building the Common Remotely Operated Weapon Station (CROWS).
Kingston is a small town in rural Hepburn Shire in Victoria, Australia. Kingston is located about 15 km from Creswick, just off the Midland Highway and is about 20 km from Daylesford. Kingston's post code is 3364.
Kingston was once a thriving gold mining town during the Victorian Gold Rush and became the administrative centre of the Creswick Shire. Kingston once had a large coach and vehicle building manufacturer, Barker Brothers, up to five hotels, a flour mill and numurous chaff mills. After the miners left so did the industry and in 1976 the railway station and the Creswick-Daylesford train line closed.
Now, Kingston supports numerous bed and breakfasts, a small country pub and rural cropping. The areas rich red volcanic soil and good rainfall support agricultural industries including potatoes (typically grown for food processor McCains), sheep and wheat. Kingston still retains some of its old buildings (now all in private ownership) such as the old Shire Office building, the former Church of England and Uniting Church, the Commercial Hotel and a magnificent Avenue of Honour of elm trees dedicated to those who served in World War I.
In December 2004, Kingston Primary School closed its doors due to declining enrollments after 142 years.
Kingston-On-Murray is a town on the south bank of the Murray River in the Riverland region of South Australia. It was named after Charles Kingston who was Premier of South Australia from 1893-99. The Sturt Highway now bypasses the town and crosses the Murray River over a bridge. Before the bridge was built in the 1970s, there were two vehicular cable ferries in the town to carry traffic over the river.
Kingston-On-Murray is in the District Council of Loxton Waikerie, the state electoral district of Chaffey and the federal Division of Barker.
It lies in the heart of a rich agricultural district and the area around the town is characterised by vineyards and orchards. The town is important as one of the major Murray River crossing points and it was common for cars and trucks to be waiting for the ferry on both sides of the river. This changed when a new bridge was constructed taking the Sturt Highway around the edge of the town.
The town was named after Charles Cameron Kingston who was Premier of South Australia from 1893-99. He was a hugely important figure in state and federal politics being involved in the drafting of the first Federal constitution and becoming a minister in one of the early federal governments.
The town was first surveyed in 1915 and was originally named Thurk which was the name of the property where the town now stands. There is also a Thurk island in the Murray River near Kingston.