We provide vacuum cast parts also called urethanes casting process. This process is a great way to get a small batch of parts that are indistinguishable from injection molded parts. They can be self coloured and textured in the mold, just like real injection molded parts, but at a fraction of the cost. A range of materials are available, the most popular choice is simulated ABS. These parts can be over-molded with rubber effects. It is possible to mold in thread inserts or other inserts if required. This process is well suited to small batches, in most cases up to and around 100 parts. Accuracy and appearance of parts produced using this process is very good.
Vacuum cast parts are practically indistinguishable from injection molded parts. This process is the best option for batches of complex parts that have not yet been approved for production. Many millions of dollars have gone up in smoke because prototypes were not made first. Vacuum cast parts that are copies of a 3D printed parts which in turn are accurate representations of Bulimba 3D CAD data, and are a sure fire way to make sure you have got it right before you sign the big tooling contracts. There are a wide range of materials available with different properties, if you would like to know more, please get in touch with us and see what peace of mind costs.
We offer a wide range of surface treatment services, including: high polishing and painting on 3D printed parts and vacuum cast parts. We can also vacuum cast material with different colours without applying paint with the aid of the pantone colour code.
Bulimba was a popular camping ground for the Aborigines. Corroborees and camps there were common. The Aborigines called Bulimba 'Tugulawa', which meant 'heart', probably a reference to the heart-shaped piece of land that forms the peninsula of Bulimba.
Bulimba Electorate was created in 1872 and in 1879 the Bulimba Divisional Board was created as the local government authority for the area from Tingalpa Creek to Stone's Corner. Most of the housing subdivisions in this area took place during the land boom of the 1880s. Bulimba, Bulimba Bridge, Circular Quay, Bulimba Ferry, and the Love and Jamieson Paddock Estates were all developed in central Bulimba during this period. The building boom resulted in a great increase in the number of developments and residents in Bulimba.
In 1888, Bulimba was described as 'a small township about four miles distant from the City'. Peculiarly, at the beginning of the twentieth century, parts of New Farm and Teneriffe which are on the northern side of the river were referred to as part of Bulimba.
Schooling in Bulimba & Balmoral began at Bulimba House in private classes under a Mr Johnston. In 1866 the Brisbane Courier reported a public meeting in the Bulimba Ferry Hotel 'for the purpose of considering the best means of raising a fund for the erection of a National school at Bulimba'. This school was opened in the Wesleyan chapel in July 1866, because the school buildings were not finished. The first head teacher was Mr John Jones Brown, who had previously opened the first private school in Brisbane. The schoolhouse measured approximately six metres by four metres, with two verandahs, and was built at a cost of 280 pounds. As the population grew extra classrooms were added. The main school block was built in 1937.