We provide vacuum cast parts also called urethanes casting process. This process is a great way to get a small batch of parts that are indistinguishable from injection molded parts. They can be self coloured and textured in the mold, just like real injection molded parts, but at a fraction of the cost. A range of materials are available, the most popular choice is simulated ABS. These parts can be over-molded with rubber effects. It is possible to mold in thread inserts or other inserts if required. This process is well suited to small batches, in most cases up to and around 100 parts. Accuracy and appearance of parts produced using this process is very good.
Vacuum cast parts are practically indistinguishable from injection molded parts. This process is the best option for batches of complex parts that have not yet been approved for production. Many millions of dollars have gone up in smoke because prototypes were not made first. Vacuum cast parts that are copies of a 3D printed parts which in turn are accurate representations of Linville 3D CAD data, and are a sure fire way to make sure you have got it right before you sign the big tooling contracts. There are a wide range of materials available with different properties, if you would like to know more, please get in touch with us and see what peace of mind costs.
We offer a wide range of surface treatment services, including: high polishing and painting on 3D printed parts and vacuum cast parts. We can also vacuum cast material with different colours without applying paint with the aid of the pantone colour code.
Linville is a small country town in Queensland, Australia.
On August 19, 1891 the Balfour brothers - John, Charles and Robert, took up Colinton run which included the present site of the town of Linville. The Balfours originally intended to build their homestead where Linville now stands but decided to establish it instead about 10 kilometres to the south, near where Emu Creek enters the Brisbane River.
During their occupancy of Colinton the Balfours built stockyards on the north bank of Greenhide Creek near its junction with the Brisbane River. The yards became known as "Nine Mile Yards". By about 1886 a small private township grew up at the spot and the Nine Mile receiving office opened there in 1898.
Surveyor E.M. Waraker laid out a town at Nine Mile and the plans of sections 2 to 7 of the town, to be known as Linton, were lodged with the Survey office on 6th December, 1901. Linton was situated about one kilometre south east of where Linville now stands. Local residents wanted the name Linton, which was formed by dropping the syllable "Co" from "Colinton". The postal authorities did not favour this as there was already a place in Victoria called Linton, Victoria, 30 kilometres west-south-west of Ballarat. A compromise was reached and at the request of residents the name of the receiving office was changed to Linville in November 1905; it became a post office in January 1910.